Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lincoln left some fruit puffs on the floor near the door in Emme's room last night. This morning I heard Emme SCREAMING in her room. Lincoln goes, "Mom-- go check on Emme." I said, "Why don't you go climb into bed with her." (He usually does every morning) He says, "No- I'm sleeping" rolls over and pulls the covers up over his head. Ok then. So I head into Emme's room to grab her and realize she's not crying, she's literally just screaming at the top of her lungs. She was reaching through her crib as far as her little arm would go, trying to grab the fruit puffs on the floor. She was only about five feet away from them, but she was NOT going to give up. She WANTED THOSE FRUIT PUFFS!!
A couple hours later, I was sitting on the couch and she had my phone. I noticed the screen wasn't locked, and she was about to call somebody. So I reached over and locked my phone, but immediately gave it back to her. It made her so mad, she threw the phone at me and then threw herself on the floor and started screaming. Nice. I don't remember these little fits starting so early. Guess I'm in for it.
Whenever Emme is hungry she goes straight to the cabinet where we store her food. She grabs whatever looks good to her and brings it over to me and throws it at me. She's so funny. She literally rummages through it to pick out what she wants. Sometimes it's spaghetti, sometimes chicken and rice. Sometimes it's a jar of pears or bananas, and sometimes it's fruit puffs, cheetoh puffs or a fruit rollup.
This morning Lincoln was looking at the globe we have and said, "Mama, where do we live?" So I pointed to Montana and he said "oh, and this is where Mexico and the beach is." And he pointed exactly to where we went in November! He's so smart. He is counting. He can get to about 20, but for some reason he always gets stuck on ten. He wants to start back over at four every time he gets to ten. He loves reading books, and is awesome at picking out letters. His favorite letters are O and S. He loves to sing. He sings all the time. Billy said he sang the whole way home from Great Falls on Sunday, saying "There's a rat in the kitchen, what am I gonna do with that rat? I'm gonna fix that rat. Oh Yeah. I'm gonna fix that rat, I'm gonna bang that rat. Oh Yeah."

I have the cutest kids...

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

hahahahaha! I love it. you do have dang cute kids. love them. Good story.